The weather may be getting colder, but NOLAN and NORA are heating up! This month, we kick off RENEWAL SEASON — no need to move, NOLAN and NORA are home! We’re offering exclusive deals, so whether you’re on the VIP list or just curious, you’ll get the best deal in the district by renewing at NOLAN and NORA. Ask us about renewing today!
Want to win stuff without even trying? Follow us on Instagram and win free stuff during our giveaways! All you need to do is follow @nolan_and_nora and keep an eye on our story.
Reminders and Updates
All boxes must be broken down and brought to the garage for recycling. All other recycling can be thrown down the shoot. Composting is located in the garage. Thank you for your help keeping NOLAN and NORA clean!
Building a Career in College
College is such a busy, crazy time for many people that focusing on the here and now is all most can do. Well, good news! There are several ways to incorporate career building into your everyday busy life. By taking the following steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful future for yourself:
- Check out the Career Success Portal. Did you know that your community offers you 24/7 access to millions of jobs and internships along with many tools to improve your resume and interviewing skills? Check out CareerSuccessPortal.com and create an account today!
- Visit your university’s career center. Employers are focusing more and more on experience and skills rather than just good grades. Get in touch with organizations through the career center to branch out and participate in different activities you normally wouldn’t have. This gives you a chance to explore your major and others, and see what you’re truly passionate about.
- Evaluate yourself. Your future employer will want to know why you’re a good fit for their company. College is about finding your strengths and weaknesses — take time now to figure out your skills, values, personality traits, and interests. Learning about yourself will help prepare you for interviews when you’re hit with the question, “What do you think you will excel at the most in this position?”
- Challenge yourself. The more you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone, the more likely you’re to overcome your weaknesses. Apply for the part-time job at your apartment complex you normally wouldn’t apply for, or take that theater class you’ve always wanted to take. By challenging yourself, you’re building important skills and personality traits that will help you rise within your field.
- Take your work seriously. Whether you have a part-time job or volunteer, take the experience seriously. You can use previous supervisors for references when you are beginning your career. It will pay off in the long run to succeed in the workplace by building useful skills that you’ll have for life.
- Find a mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want to do. You can search on LinkedIn to get connected and network with others in your field who are also passionate about what they do. Talk to your professors and pick their brains as to why they chose the career they did. Once you find a mentor, everything can change. You become more motivated to succeed in something you love doing because you have someone who makes the experience a million times better.
Did you know you can build your credit history just by paying your rent? A strong credit history can help you with achieving personal and professional success. We have partnered with RentTrack to offer you the opportunity to have your rent payments reported to all three credit bureaus! Participants in this program have seen their credit scores go up an average of 51 points! Get more details and enroll today at renttrack.com/campus-advantage.
Community Events Calendar
Resident Appreciation Week — November 18–22 — Follow us on Instagram for how to sign up for free massages, get free food, and more!